"Where words fail, music speaks."
-Hans Christian Anderson

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

CUCKOO - volume XXXI - HAUNTED [ORIGINAL MOTION PICTURE SOUNDTRACK]

When I was 12 years old British novelist James Herbert's Haunted was my first venture into reading horror outside of Stephen King.
I've always loved ghost stories and this was right down my alley.  By today's standards it's nothing special but as a wide-eyed wee lad it was spectacular, scary, sad and incredibly atmospheric.  I must have read it 20 times and with each time I would imagine it in my head as a film, with actors cast and everything.  This is my best representation of what the score would sound like.  I'm fully aware there was a film adaptation in teh mid-90's but I have yet to see it or hear Debbie Wiseman's score because I don't want to be disappointed.  Hopefully you'll imagine your own ghost story in your head as you listen.  

VOLUME XXXI
Score Composed by Jamie Stockington
tracklisting

1)   A Dream, A Memory
2)   Main Titles
3)   Ash Meets Christina / Journey To Edbrook
4)   Nanny Tess & The Brothers Mariell
5)   "There Was Someone In The Water!"
6)   Christina's Story
7)   Ash Finds The Mausoleum
8)   "They're Angry With You, Mr. Ash"
9)   The Train Station / Edbrook
10) End Titles

MP3 / 320 kbps / 72.5 MB / 31:37

originally released: 3/12/2013

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to dedicate this volume to James Herbert.

    He died today. :(

    ReplyDelete